Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Odell – IPA

Odell Brewing in Ft. Collins IPA (7.0% ABV and 60 IBU) had an incredible citrus aroma when poured.  I am not sure if it was just me, the conditions or what, but I had not experienced the pronounced aroma like I did with this IPA.  Reading the description, I am thinking Odell focused on aromatic hops.  Odell’s IPA pours straw colored with a nice head.  The website describes the IPA as “we took the traditional IPA, originally shipped from England to India in the 1700’s, and make it bolder and more flavorful – American Style.  We’ve added new varieties of highly aromatic American hops to create a distinctive bitterness profile and incredible hop character.”  I paired Odell’s IPA with red curry shrimp and it was a nice pairing.  The red curry shrimp was made with coconut milk, red curry paste, and mixed vegetables poured over white rice.  I did notice a different (odd) finish with this IPA and I will have to sample another in the future.  I may try it without food to see if the meal altered the finish as it could have been changed due to the spiciness of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment