Friday, March 25, 2011

Full Sail – Session Premium and Black Lager

The other day, I went to Roger’s house to consume a few beers while the wives were away.  Roger had a beer he wanted me to try from Full Sail called Session Premium Lager (5.1% ABV and 18 IBU).  While I prefer ales, I really liked this beer and I appreciate the lower ABV and drinkability of this beer.  Roger said these are available in 12 packs and they are $12 / 12 pack.  This is a great price for a good craft beer and Session Premium Lager has won a number of awards including Gold medals at GABF and the World Beer Championships.

I decided to check out the specials at Davidson’s liquors and Session was on sale for $9.99 a 12er.  I called Roger to inform him of the sale and Roger picked up a few 12ers.  I went over later and picked up a 12er of Session Black Lager (5.4% ABV and 18 IBU) and this one has won Gold medals at GABF, the World Beer Championships, and the World Beer Cup.  This one pours the color of coca-cola and has a quickly receding head with good carbonation.  Session Black is very drinkable with good malty sweetness and hints of chocolate / roast malt.  Full Sail describes Session Black Lager as “Short, Dark and Drinkable”.  Both styles come in 12 packs of 11 oz. stubby bottles.  These are both very good beers at a very good price.  Nicely done Full Sail.


No comments:

Post a Comment