Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Best Beer I Have Ever Had

I really enjoy the beers of Oskar Blues in Lyons, CO and you cannot go wrong with picking something up that is brewed by Oskar Blues.  I had ridden a nice 20 mile mountain bike ride and I was ready for a nice lunch and a beer.  I went to Parry’s Pizzeria and Bar that was hosting a Oskar Blues Tap Takeover and the first round was to a favorite – Dale’s Pale Ale (6.5% ABV and 65 IBU), that is easily one of the best Pale Ales in the country.  I ordered a Meat Calzone and round two – Cabernet Barrel Aged G’Knight (8.1% ABV and 60 IBU) – that is an Imperial Red / Double IPA that was just incredible.  I detected notes of oak and the presence of the cabernet just enhanced the beer, the hops were very subdued from the aging process.  This was one that I just savored and I informed the Oskar Blues rep that this was the best beer I had ever tasted.  Round three was Buffalo Trace Whiskey Barrel Aged Ten Fidy (9.3% ABV and 98 IBU) that is an Imperial Stout.  I really enjoy Ten Fidy – there is always some in my fridge that is aging and I was interested in trying this one.  I needed to let it warm up and it was excellent too.  The barrel-aged beers were just fantastic and I will try more in the future.  The Cabernet Barrel Aged G’Knight was the best beer I have ever had.
Parry’s Pizzeria and Bar - http://www.parryspizza.com/parrysbar/

No comments:

Post a Comment