Sunday, April 22, 2012

Avery Tap Takeover at Parry’s Pizzeria and Pub


When I saw this event at Parry’s, I knew I would attend.  Avery had 22 taps at Parry’s and 2 rare 12 oz. bottle selections.  I have tried everything that Avery has made that is commercially available at local stores.  Some of these selections are only available at the Avery tasting room in Boulder or at special events like the one at Parry’s on Saturday.  I tried three different beers that I had not tried before and each one was unique and very good.  I think my favorite was Out of Sight, which is Out of Bounds with coffee.  Below is a picture of the Avery listing and a shot of the selections I tried.

First up was Brown Chai (5.5% ABV) and is described as “a well balanced American style brown ale cleverly spiced with local chai.”  The description was spot on and the finish has the distinct taste of chai.  Ellie’s brown is one of my favorite brown ales from Avery and I am thinking Ellie’s served as the base for Chai Brown.

Next up was Tweak (formerly Meph Addict – 15% ABV) that was a 4 oz. sample because of the high abv.  This one is a sipper and was quite tasty and described as “this demonic coffee-infused imperial stout will leave you yearning for more.”  I think Mephistopheles’ Stout is the base for this beer.

Finally, I had Out of Sight – Panama Blend (5.5% ABV), “our Out of Bounds stout with a cold coffee toddy added.  It was excellent and the coffee was a great addition to this stout. 

If you ever get a chance to attend a tap takeover, I highly encourage it.  It allows you to try some beers that you might not normally taste and it gives you the opportunity to also meet and speak with representatives from the brewery. 

Parry’s Pizzeria and Pub - http://www.parryspizza.com/parrysbar/

No comments:

Post a Comment