Saturday, May 14, 2011

Good JuJu and Kinda Blue

Good JuJu (4.5% ABV and 20 IBU) is a Herb / Spice Ale because it is spiced with ginger and it is a seasonal offering from Left Hand.  This is a session beer because of the low ABV.  Good JuJu pours golden amber with a nice two-finger head.  Left Hand describes Good JuJu as “Fresh ginger kisses the lithe malty body, copulating with the hop in this pale ale ancestor.”  This one did not match my taste and I am not a fan of this one.  I could not taste the ginger in it and I was thinking it would be sweeter than it was.  It might be a good pairing with food that has ginger as an ingredient and it may be good to cook with. 

Boulder Beer’s Kinda Blue (5.2% ABV and 15 IBU) is a Fruit Beer that is an ale infused with blueberries.  Kinda Blue pours an orange tan with a small head and the bottle states that Kinda Blue is a “blueberry wheat beer” that is a summer seasonal release.  I could not discern the blueberries in this beer, but the overall taste is very good.  Boulder describes Kinda Blue as “a filtered American Wheat, placed in perfect measure with muted tones of blueberry.  Kinda Blue, a tasty and tasteful summer brew that you can’t turn your back on.  It’s as cool as the day is long.”  Kinda Blue is very tasty and I would try this again.  I am not a big fan a fruit beers, but Kinda Blue is an exception for me - Boulder Beer did a good job with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment