Sunday, November 28, 2010

Avery - duganA - Double IPA

Avery – duganA is a Double IPA with an 8.5% ABV and 93 IBU.  This one pours golden and will create a rather large head if poured quickly.  It takes some time for the head to recede.  Since this is an IPA, I like it to warm a bit.  So, take your time pouring and allow the beer to warm slightly.  I like this beer and loved the taste of grapefruit and pine.  There is definitely an emphasis on hops and I like it.  I was thinking that Cascade hops were used, but I see that it’s cousin Chinook is used; as well as, Centennial and Columbus.  The barley is two-row, and dark aromatic caramel malt.  Avery brews this beer “whenever we have a little extra tank space and a desire for dank hops!  On Avery’s website, duganA is described as “Lupulin Rapture Incarnate! As fervent devotees of hops, we found ourselves on a quest to create a transcendental IPA capable of quenching our voracious lupulin desires. Our mantra became "unity of bitterness, hop flavor and aroma." Enlightened, duganA IPA was born: A brutally bitter, dank, piney and resinous ale designed for those seeking a divine hop experience.“  I heard on a pod cast that duganA is the Hindi word for double.  So, if you like hops and you like a double IPA, I suggest you try Avery’s duganA.  This one is for the hop-heads and I think they will not be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment