Friday, August 24, 2012

New Belgium - Shift

When New Belgium releases a new product, I add it to my mental list to pick up when I see, and that is just what I did on my last trip to the store.  Shift is available in 4 packs of 16 oz. cans.  New Belgium does not distribute nationwide yet, but they are adding a new brewery in Asheville, NC that I think will be used to further expand their distribution.  

American Pale Lager - http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/155 - BeerAdvocate



Appearance - Copper / yellow with a nice white head.
Aroma - Bread, honey, citrus and herbs / floral.  I detect a bit of grass too.  
Taste - A nice blend of honey biscuit and citrus - orange / lemon and just a hint of grass / pine.  The hops are present at a light level and there is a nice balance and clean mouthfeel.
Overall - B+ - Very easy to drink and very refreshing.  This is a beer I would give to the Miller, Bud, Coors drinker to try.  It has really good flavor and would not be too much of stretch for the macro-drinkers.  I really enjoy the bready and honey notes from the malt and the light bitterness from the hops.

Shift description - “New Belgium employee-owners work in shifts to brew to life world-class beers. Those efforts are rewarded daily with a shared end-of-shift beer. We’re passing that welcomed occasion onto consumers in this lightly-hopped Shift Pale Lager. From work to play, from bottle to can, from bold and heavy to refreshing and sessionable; Shift salutes the shift in occasion, package and beer. So, go ahead and get your Shift beer, you’ve earned it!”  http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=fc35795d-8d9d-4f04-9e35-c1c55c2a0018

No comments:

Post a Comment