Tuesday, June 28, 2011

5 from Ft. Collins Brewery

Ft. Collins Brewery distributes the “Brewer’s Lunchbox” that has a selection of many different styles.  Five that I have recently sampled are Red Banshee (5.3% ABV and 33 IBU) an American Amber Ale, 1900 (4.7% ABV and 31 IBU) an Amber Lager, Rocky Mountain IPA (6.4% ABV and 80 IBU), Major Tom (5.2% ABV and 34 IBU) a Pomegranate Wheat, and Chocolate Stout (4.9% ABV and 33 IBU).  I am estimating on the ABV and IBU as the site shows thes on a sliding scale - I am very close on these.  Personally, I like it when the brewery offers a variety pack for the purchaser to sample different style brewed.  I am not a fan of fruit beers and I was not a big fan of Major Tom.  I really liked Rocky Mt. IPA, Red Banshee and Chocolate Stout; as well as Z and The Kidd from a previous post.  Ft. Collins Brewery has some good offerings and the “Brewers Lunchbox “ is a great way to sample their products.  Below are pictures of the 5 from Ft. Collins Brewery. 

Red Banshee (5.3% ABV and 33 IBU) an American Amber Ale

1900 (4.7% ABV and 31 IBU) an Amber Lager

Rocky Mountain IPA (6.4% ABV and 80 IBU)

Major Tom (5.2% ABV and 34 IBU) a Pomegranate Wheat

Chocolate Stout (4.9% ABV and 33 IBU)

No comments:

Post a Comment