Sunday, July 15, 2012

New Belgium Tap Takeover at Parry’s

On Saturday, the family went to Parry’s Pizzeria and Bar for lunch and for me to sample a couple of beers from New Belgium that I had not tried before. We arrived shortly after 1 pm and I ordered the New Belgium / Lost Abbey Collaboration – Brett Beer (7.5% ABV), a beer with Brettanomyces, and the waitress informed us that they had just tapped a keg of La Folie (6% ABV and 18 IBU), a sour brown beer, and it was already half consumed – in 10 minutes. So I placed an order for La Folie as well. For lunch Lori and I ordered the Greek salad and Fried Mozzarella – both were excellent and went well with the beers. I enjoyed both of these beers and La Folie was my favorite – I had been looking forward to trying this one for some time. I really enjoyed the sour beer and I will try more sours in the future.

Note - Photo from the Parry's Facebook Page.

La Folie (Left) and Lost Abbey / New Belgium Collaboration Brett Beer (Right)


Last weekend when we were at Parry’s, I tried Black Fox – Debut (6.6% ABV) a Saison or Farmhouse-style Ale that was quite tasty. Black Fox is a new brewer based in Colorado Springs that is transitioning from a “contract” brewer to a new brewery. If their other Saisons are as tasty as Debut, I’ll look forward to sampling more from Black Fox.

The next tap takeover will be Dogfish Head on the 28th and I am looking forward to it.

Parry’s Pizzeria and Bar - http://www.parryspizza.com/parrysbar/

No comments:

Post a Comment