Sunday, October 23, 2011

Uinta – Baba

Uinta’s Baba ( ? ABV & 32 IBU) is classified as a Euro Dark Lager and I had to actually look up a description, as I did not recall ever reading this one before.  From The Beer Spot – “The Euro Dark Lager is a slightly stronger and malty/sweeter version a typical lager. The flavors should be notable but still somewhat muted, as the malts overshadow the hops. The aroma should have minimal malt or hop tones. Color should be amber to medium brown.”  Baba (black sheep) pours black and has a nice head that will top off the pint glass.  It is very easy to drink and I enjoyed it.  This is one of Uinta’s organic line and there are 6 styles that are USDA certified organic.  While I am not a big fan of lagers, I do like the dark lagers and I will try more in the future. 

Website Description – “Robust and smooth, this full-flavored lager is exceptionally drinkable and pitch black in color.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment