Sunday, April 28, 2013

April Beers Sampled


Yesterday I attended The Big Ass Tap Takeover at Parry’s Pizza featuring beers from Avery Brewing Company and tried a few I had not tried before.    During the event I met Adam Avery and he toasted the event at 11:30 with a new release from Avery.

Samael’s 2008 (14.5% ABV and 41 IBU) is and oak-aged English strong ale and was from Mr. Avery’s personal stash.  It was excellent and the aging has only improved the beer.

Trogdor the Burninator (7.6% ABV) is a smoked doppelbock and I thought this was an excellent beer.  You could taste the smoke at just the right level.  Very well-balanced and it went well with the sweetness of the doppelbock.

3Point5 Pale Ale (3.5% ABV) is a session pale ale that is new from Avery and we had a complimentary serving with the event toast.  It was a highly hopped, bitter beer and one that could be consumed throughout the day with the low ABV. 

On a different trip to Parry’s Pizza, I enjoyed Elevation Brewing’s First Cast (6.5% ABV and 75 IBU) an IPA.  It was the first time I have tried something from this new Colorado brewer and I will try to sample more form them in the future.

Stone Brewing has created some new Imperial IPAs that are entitled “Enjoy by Month.Day.Year” that have limited distribution and are meant to be consumed fresh and by the date listed on the bottle.  I was able to find one at the local store and it is a very good IPA.  If you are lucky enough to find one I recommend purchasing some, as these are very good IPAs.  The one I had was Enjoy by 04.20.13 (9.4% ABV and 88 IBU).

No comments:

Post a Comment